Tuesday 3 February 2009

Next Houseguest gets a Dalek Cake


That's right. Next houseguest means a Dalek-shaped cake will be consumed at our house.

It may not be your birthday according to your driver's license, but it will be here in Southwest London. I can't promise that there won't be hats, candles, and a pinata; however, I'll try to keep it reasonable for your sake.

I spotted this at the M&S right after my birthday. Now we need a good reason to eat it, and, "Wednesday" simply won't do.

The next birthday in our apartment is the cat's, and that's not until the end of March. That's is just entirely too long for us to wait to have this cake in our living room. Besides, the kitty doesn't like cake!

I recognize that you could go somewhere warm and sunny, but why would you want to do that when you could come to England in late winter? I can offer you drizzle, overcast skies, and a balmy 13 C. We'll even throw in an umbrella to shield you from the elements.

4 comments:

  1. What on earth is that? Is it worth $600 for a round trip ticket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a cake! I think it may be worth it. Marks & Spencer has some seriously good cake.

    Really, Daleks are one of the alien, villan species in Dr. Who, which is a BBC sci-fi show. They show the latest one on BBC America. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Who)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - That's awesome. I wonder if Meredith has seen it? I forgot that you're in London now. Okay, I've got to rethink my travel plans for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drizzle, overcast skies, and a balmy 13 C?

    Unless you come in July, in which case it will be 100 degrees. So hot that the UK government are recommending staying in at midday and taking siestas.

    Hmm, sleeping at my desk. Why doesn't this sound new to me?
    - The Husband

    ReplyDelete