Monday 23 March 2009

Walker's Cajun Squirrel Crisps

Just when I start thinking that maybe I've run out of supermarket amusements, another one presents itself.

We were wandering though a BP station when we stumbled across these Walker's Cajun Squirrel flavored crisps (American: Chips). Having no self- preservation instinct, I insisted that we buy them immediately and investigate.

Upon closer inspection of the bag, we determined that the squirrel chips contain not squirrel, but "Squirrel Seasoning", whatever that is. I gather it's the rodent- equivalent of Cheez. The chips are also suitable for vegetarians, which was a bit of a disappointment.




Moving on, it was time for the eating of the Squirrel Chips.
They look pretty ordinary, not like they're packed full of squirrel-y seasoning.


And how were they?

They're pretty good. I'm not sure if that's squirrel favor we were savoring, but whatever it was, we liked it.
Here's my bro digging into them before catching his flight home:


Walker's currently has a contest on for a new crisp flavor, among the contenders is this Cajun Squirrel, Fish & Chips, Chili & Chocolate, and a few others. One can read up and vote here.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa...another strangely named food from england!

    =)
    Dm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you when I first spotted the squirrel chips!

    ReplyDelete