Monday 8 June 2009

The Courtauld Gallery, London

While visiting earlier this year, my friend, Robin, visited the Courtauld Institute and raved about it. A few weeks ago, I finally had a chance to pay a visit.

The museum houses a small but excellent collection of paintings and sculpture, which I did enjoy, but I think I found the must fun in its stairwell.

Typically, I tend to be very careful when taking photos off my camera, so much so, that I usually won't clear the data card until I've backed up the photos; just in case my computer meets unexpectedly meets its end.

Typically was not how I approached this task on that fine Sunday evening. I managed to delete half the day's photos before transferring them. (eek!) Thus, this isn't quite all of it.

For the record, I welcome Photoshop advice, but know that these shots aren't Photoshopped at all. I keep meaning to buy it, but given that I like taking pictures so much more than editing them, I've never bothered. I'm sure I'll cave in eventually, at which time, I'll use all that advice.

Anyway, here are some of my favorites from the day (in addition to the one at the top of the staircase's ceiling)...

Whisps of people on the gallery staircase:
















A bit of sculputure in the entryway (right) and in the top floor gallery:
























A bit of Seurat's pointilism:

















and a more precise shot of the staircase:

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Francoise....those pics are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooow!!! That place is beautiful in B&W!!

    =]
    Dm

    ReplyDelete