Wednesday 22 April 2009

M&S Percy Pig Cupcakes


I really haven't devoted enough effort to my love of the M&S Percy Pig here. I've always expected that there would be plenty of time for me to craft an ode worthy of the best gummy candy on this island.

I may have been mistaken. You'll have to just imagine the magnitude of my affection based on my ownership of both a Percy Pig mug and Egg Cup.

Not expecting any developments in this area, this pink box on the coffee table a few nights ago came as a surprise.

Percy Pig Cupcakes?

Let me get this straight...
Marks and Spencer, which I already know can make a fine, fine cake, is now selling a vanilla cupcake with pink frosting, adorned with my favorite M&S candy?

The idea initially leaves me feeling a bit conflicted.
How can I be expected to beat my train home when there are cupcakes such as these to be eaten?
How can I do anything but take the box and vanish into my lair like an predator having claimed victory over its prey?

Two days later, I've had 3 of the four cupcakes. I'll eat the last one for breakfast tomorrow. They're every bit as good as I hoped.

If I ever leave England, M&S food is among the things I'll really miss.

1 comment:

  1. You know what...that look really really yummy...
    Though if you stare at it long enough, it's so cute you don't want to eat it.

    Dm

    ReplyDelete