Saturday 24 October 2009

Photo du Jour: My New Project

This morning, I decided that I was going to learn to knit.

My Grandma Rosa tried to teach me to crochet when I was little, but I really never progressed beyond making a very, very long string.

I headed over to Stash Yarns, and with a good bit of help from the staff and other customers, I picked out this turquoise yarn to go with these expertly suggested knitting needles.

I'm going to try to pick this up using KnittingHelp.com, but I've also ordered a copy of The Stitch 'n Bitch Handbook, which came highly recommended as well.

We'll see how it goes. Perhaps I'll become knitting mad and abandon the gym in favor of this knitting group.

2 comments:

  1. there's also a stitch 'n bitch knitting group. i went to one meeting and haven't been back...life just passes by too quickly. very friendly group and lots of beginners (like myself) and some really really good teachers too! should sign up for their newsletter too...tons of give aways, tips, events, and charity knitting drives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll totally check it out.

    I've managed to master the long tail cast on, and now I'm working on the English method knit stitch. I probably need all of the help I can get.

    Should you decide to go, let me know. Strength in numbers! I'll be easily identifiable by my yarn!

    ReplyDelete