Tuesday 20 October 2009

Training Update: 21 October 2009

I've been steadily trekking towards the showdown, but I've had a bit of a setback.

My last running evaluation showed that I'm still doing the hip rotation thingy that I'm not supposed to do, although it's significantly better than it was when I first began this process of learning how to run again.

What this has meant for me is reducing the rate with which I increase my run. I took a week off from the treadmill, and I've been stuck in week five of Couch to 5k now for an extra two weeks. The 8 minute run/ 5 minute walk is fine, but the 20 minute run is where I lose endurance and my hip starts to go. I expect I'll have another week or two doing intervals with an eight minute run before I can increase it.

In the meantime, I've been enjoying these Annie Barribal works in the Tube stations. The one pictured to the right seems creepily appropriate in a city under constant camera surveillance.

No comments:

Post a Comment